Steel Toe Boots are essential for people working in any industry in which there is a need to lift or move around heavy equipment. To ensure the safety of the employees, many companies have made it mandatory for their workers that the wear safety boots when in the workplace. As per https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/health-safety/reports/feet.html, the feet have to be taken proper care of any injury whether minute or fatal can cause a lasting impact on the work life of an employee. Here is a comparison between the composite toe and steel toe shoes, both of which are essential safety shoes in a work environment.
· Composite Toe shoes are lighter in weight when compared to that of a steel toe shoe that is of a similar size. As the name indicates, the steel toe shoes use steel as a protective layer over the toe, and this is the reason why they are more substantial than the former.
· Steel toe shoes like New Balance Mens are much stronger due to the presence of steel. Composite toe shoes look more like a bulb in the front because of the additional layers of protective material that are used to compensate for the absence of any durable material like steel.
· Due to the point mentioned above, the composite toe shoes look more significant than that of steel toe shoes.
· Steel toe shoes come in a variety of designs and patterns whereas this is restricted in the case of composite toe shoes due to the bulbous nature of it. More the layers of material that go into the composite toe shoes, safer it can be for the wearer, but the design aspect has to be compromised.
· Composite toe shoes have been proven to be safe for a workplace where there is a need for the workers to move around or lift heavy objects. But, it has been observed that these types of shoes become a little more flexible after any first instance of falling of heavy object. This simply means that composite toe shoes lose their purpose with regular use. Hence these are not as effective as steel toe shoes when it comes to the safety aspect.
· There is a wide belief that composite toe boots are most suited for environments in which there are electrical hazards, but this is not true. In reality, both Steel Toe Boots and composite toe boots have the same benefits when it comes to a work environment that has electrical hazards.
· Keen Utility Mens steel toe shoes are a lot thinner than composite toe shoes due to the small layer of steel that is being used inside it for protecting the toe.
Both these type of shoes have been tested as per the standards that are set for safety shoes. If you are working in an environment in which you have to deal with a lot of heavy equipment where there is a possibility of frequent slips and falls in your feet, steel toe shoes will be ideal for you.